Shilajit is a powerful herb that is even mentioned as a mineral pitch at times due to its ability to sort out numerous health issues. But, do you know what it comprises in terms of benefits, uses, and the side effects it can have? Let’s have a detailed look at how it helps:
Shilajit is a resin or sticky substance formed from the layers of rocks of the Himalayas. They tend to be black or perhaps brown in hue and are similar to tar liquid in terms of appearance. Shilajit was conventionally found in parts of India and Tibet. However, it has been discovered in the mountainous parts of different countries as well in the recent past.
Originated many centuries ago in India, Shilajit is a healing system and one of the imperative herbs used in Ayurveda. Shilajit is formed when there is a decomposition of plants and, thus, is filled with minerals. Moreover, it consists of fulvic acid and neither plant nor animal origin. Thus, Shilajit is called Rasayana, a rejuvenation therapy in Ayurveda.
It has been said that ages ago, the substances of forests were crushed between gigantic rocks for a long duration in the Himalayas, resulting in the creation of Shilajit. It comprises numerous health benefits that make it a “Hot Property” in the field of Science.
Let us jump straight to the benefits of Shilajit:
1. Fights off Viruses
Shilajit can help boost your immunity by helping you recover from viral fever or mere flu. Known to be rich in minerals, Shilajit can take on viruses. It can kill and eliminate different viruses, including the Herpes Virus.
Similarly, Sunova products are beneficial in fighting off viruses in your body and equivalently improve immunity in the body. The Organic Spirulina Capsule is one such product from Sunova that helps boost your body’s immunity. Moreover, there is a range of health products, including Shilajit, which you can buy online from the company.
2. Prevents the Progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
Shilajit has the potential to take on Alzheimer’s, as it can slow down or prevent the progression of the disease. Having Alzheimer’s can be complicated, with a person going through memory loss, thinking issues, and other related problems.
Shilajit consists of a powerful antioxidant in the form of Fulvic Acid. With the help of Fulvic Acid, there is a build-up of cognitive health to stop the progression of tau protein. Tau protein is an important part of the nervous system, but too much accumulation can damage brain cells. Tau is known to be an essential marker of Alzheimer’s.
It has been said that the presence of fulvic acid in Shilajit can easily stop the strange build-up of tau protein and reduce inflammation; thus, proving that Shilajit can improve the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
3. Slows Down Ageing
Shilajit comprises regenerative properties, which are useful in slowing down your age and repairing the tissues. Apart from keeping you young, it does the work of making you stronger by maintaining the calcium balance in your body. The presence of fulvic acid plays an important role, as it is the main factor in reducing the aging of skin tissues, the heart, and the lungs.
Shilajit is a magical Ayurvedic medicine with multiple health benefits as an anti-aging compound.
4. Protects Your Heart
As seen in numerous studies, Shilajit does show an improvement in the blood circulation of your heart. For, this vital herb helps pump blood into the heart properly. Since it is a powerful medicinal substance, the chances of cardiovascular damage are nullified as well.
The heart is an important part of the body, but it can be vulnerable to many health issues in the form of a heart attack. Being a health savior, Shilajit can reduce the chances of having a heart attack. However, consultation with your doctor is recommended.
5. Reduces Chronic Fatigue
Chronic fatigue can be termed the extreme version of fatigue wherein the cause is unknown. Chronic fatigue usually happens in females, and it can last for about six months. It doesn’t improve with rest and can get worse with activity.
Numerous studies have proved that Shilajit can improve the cell functions in your body and reduce fatigue. It can even lead to improved energy levels, and it also seems to be effective in reducing anxiety.
6. Improvement in Male Fertility
Shilajit is known to have a powerful influence in improving fertility in males. Medical experts tested around 50 men who were given Shilajit for three months regularly (twice a day).
In another medical test, men between 45 and 55 volunteered for the test. They were given Shilajit for around 90 days to test the improvement in testosterone levels. As per the test, it was seen that more than half of the men had an increase in total sperm count and also sperm motility. In the study, most men had a higher testosterone level with a regular intake of Shilajit.
7. Prevention of Hypoxia
Hypoxia can be termed as a situation where the body’s organs do not get an adequate amount of oxygen due to the reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of blood and, thereby, the circulation in your body. The presence of Fulvic Acid in Shilajit tends to improve the oxygen-carrying capacity and circulation of blood to stop you from having Hypoxia.
Uses of Shilajit
You can use Shilajit in many different ways to improve your health. Check out the uses of the potent herb below:
- Shilajit can be used as a tonic during the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders.
- It is available in a supplement or powder form that can be mixed with water or milk to improve numerous health issues.
- The dose recommended per day ranges from 300-500 mg for better health.
- New age medicines are made by using Shilajit to treat kidney stones.
- Shilajit is used to improve your memory.
- The herb has shown promising results in people who have epilepsy.
- Shilajit is recommended to improve the GI system of those suffering from poor digestion.
- Using Shilajit can help during abdomen enlargement.
- It is used to improve the sexual life of an individual.
- Studies show that Shilajit can help reduce anxiety levels.
Side Effects of Shilajit
Even though Shilajit is a natural remedy, there is still a lot to know about its benefits and side effects on our body and overall health. Here are some of the side effects that you need to take care of when using Shilajit:
- Excessive use of Shilajit can shoot up iron levels in the body. This can be dangerous for people with hemochromatosis or with an excess amount of iron in the blood. People having such conditions should avoid Shilajit intake.
- Shilajit in the raw/unprocessed form can be harmful to you, as it can contain fungus or dirty metals. Such things can make you sick due to contamination.
- Pregnant women need to avoid Shilajit intake, as it can cause abnormalities or other issues in the newborn.
- Shilajit can increase the production of uric acid in a person. This is a major red flag, and it can make things worse in the form of gout.
- Shilajit can lower blood pressure. It is a serious concern for people already on High BP medications. People with heart diseases should skip using Shilajit to prevent blood pressure levels.
- People having diabetes or under anti-diabetes medication should avoid using Shilajit, as it can cause unprecedented repercussions.
- Excessive use of Shilajit can result in nausea, dizziness, itching, etc.
As a medicinal substance, Shilajit can be a powerful weapon to eradicate many health problems. However, using it without a doctor’s consultation can cause certain side effects too. Having a proper consultation with the doctor regarding the use of Shilajit can help you reap its several health benefits without worrying about the side effects.