Ashwagandha is an age-old herb that holds great significance in Ayurveda, the traditional system of alternative healthcare in India. It refers to this evergreen shrub, scientifically known as Withania somnifera. However, locally, they also call it Winter Cherry or the Indian Ginseng. It grows abundantly in India, as well as some regions of North Africa and the Middle East. While people in the past have regarded this herb with great medicinal importance, only recently has this herb become more popular globally.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
It has been used for centuries as a general tonic that helps fight fatigue and boost energy. Ashwagandha also goes a long way in allowing us to beat mental stress and anxiousness. It offers a calming effect. No wonder why it is fondly dubbed as the Rasayana or the ultimate tonic that offers youthfulness. Let us zoom in and take a look at some other major health benefits this wonder of an herb has to offer.
- Stress Buster – Being a natural adaptogen, it helps us beat physical as well as mental stress. By reducing the levels of Cortisol, the stress hormone, allows us to calm and relax, and keep signs of stress and anxiety away.
- Improves Brain Function– It not only improves brain function and boosts our cognitive capabilities, but also helps reduce the severity of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Lower cholesterol- It helps in keeping our heart healthy, by keeping cholesterol as well as blood pressure levels in check. Owing to its ability to improve insulin levels and reduce insulin sensitivity, it plays a role in keeping a check on blood glucose.
- Act as Anti –Inflammatory – Its analgesic, as well as anti-inflammatory properties, go a long way in offering relief from the discomfort associated with arthritis and other joint issues.
- Boost Testosterone– By boosting testosterone hormone levels among men, it plays a good role in boosting their libido as well as fertility.
- Boost Stamina -Its regular consumption not only helps lose weight but also builds mass and increases strength and stamina.
- Improve Sleep -Also being mildly sedative, helps us fight insomnia and allows us to sleep longer and better at the end of the day.
Use of Ashwagandha?
It is primarily the root and the red fruit of this plant that is used to prepare medication. Besides, it is also the leaves and seeds that are quite useful in offering varied health benefits. Most of its healing and health-promoting properties can be attributed to the presence of these plant compounds called withanolides. Apart from using it as a go-to home remedy for several issues, ashwagandha supplements are also available in the form of powder and pills. Although it is safe for most people, it may interact with certain medicines you are already taking. Also, pregnant, as well as breastfeeding women, should altogether avoid using it in any form.
This product has the goodwill of Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Gotu kola, and Piperine. Each vegetarian capsule contains Ashwagandha (W.somnifera, Rt) extract 250mg and clinical studies on our “Ashwagandha” have shown its remarkable effect in stress resistance, memory enhancement, energy rejuvenation, sexual function, and strength. Brahmi and Gotu kola on the other hand improve mental agility, helps with weak memory and learning in all age groups. The herbs also proved to be helpful in age-associated memory problems in the elderly. Piperine ensures its bioavailability at systemic levels. Thus making it an all-in-one solution for the brain health of the general population.